Studio D is seeking a Senior Designer to join our pool of freelance talent for international projects. We are a distributed studio that builds teams on a per-project basis. Please apply if you are interested in 1 - 3 month commitments.
Many of the people we work with go on to become long-term collaborators, working across projects and countries.
You will be working alongside other creatives, strategists, technologists, clients and subject-matter experts. You have a background in product design, communication design, or even front-end development. Our projects vary from exploring the semantics of a button label with translators to visualizing high-level concepts for a client’s c-suite. You enjoy solving for the confluence of business, user/consumer and technological needs and constraints.
You aren’t afraid to “poke the bear,” yet are willing to respectfully do what it takes to get good work done. You have a general hustle, and are self-motivated and self-directed in a lo-fi environment. You know what needs to be done without needing to be asked and are willing to present a concept to the client and to take out the trash at the Popup studio (we all do it).
The ideal candidate
- Has an ability to effortlessly convey ideas through visualization and prototyping.
- Has digital design experience across application, web and product design.
- Has exceptional, production-quality design skills.
- Carries experience designing for multi-touchpoint service experiences.
- Has an interest / comfort in both conceptual / strategic “design” and in tactical, implementation-focussed design.
- Can speak intelligently about platforms and technologies.
- Has a willingness to try or share ideas that aren't “ready,” for the sake of pushing the conversation forward.
- Has proficiency in common design tools (Adobe CS, Keynote, etc).
- Has an ability to quickly generate prototypes (HTML or otherwise) or proofs of concept on target devices.
Sound like you? Please complete the following:
About Studio D
Studio D is a research, design and strategy consultancy that specialises in understanding consumer behaviour in emerging markets — from the upper middle class through to the base of the pyramid. We are a tight knit group of world-class designers, researchers and strategists are committed to delivering exceptional and rewarding projects. Most of our work is client-confidential, but can get a sense of where we operate here.
We take clients from defining the questions that are important to their business, generating concepts, articulating ideas through design, all the way through to prototyping products and piloting services.
Our team has pioneered human centered design and are constantly experimenting with new ways of gathering data, and drawing insight. Projects are intensive, and often require long hours of tight collaboration between the international team, the client and our local crew through the pioneering use of pop-up studios.
We’re a flat organisation with a no-bullshit approach to doing what’s right by the client and the project. Everyone spends time in-field and everyone gets their hands dirty. Along the way we create magic.